Blogging the latest cycling componetry and industry news.
If you have news you want to share or hear about, please e-mail me.
If you like what you see, or have any suggestions, please leave a comment!
Bookmark this page (CTRL+D)
Come back often!




Gyrobike "It's Like Invisible Training Wheels"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



When I started this blog, I never thought I'd be blogging about comfort bikes nor kids bikes. Well, here it is - a little tech for the little tike. A start-up company (GyroBike) using technology developed at Dartmouth College is looking to replace training wheels with a gyroscope. The g'scope is in the front wheel ($40) mountable to any kid's bike and works by turning the handlebars towards the direction the bike is falling. Pretty clever if you ask me. There is a short video on their website that you can check out.

If, however, your kids can never get the hang of two-wheeled bikes, I say stick with Big-wheels. I never knew a more fun time in my life.


Related articles:
Gyrobike
GyroBike flywheel helps bicycles self-steady (engadget.com)


0 Responses to “Gyrobike "It's Like Invisible Training Wheels"”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

blogger templates

Get Firefox!



and counting